Monday, September 19, 2016

The Painting Studio

Welcome to the Painting Studio!


This week we are learning about working in the painting studio. 

We are going to learn studio procedures for set up and clean-up, look at some paintings by master artists, learn how to care for the materials in the painting studio, and explore painting with watercolor paint. 

We will complete the skills we learn in our Studio Practice books.



Set Up 
  1. One Tray
  2. One Set of Watercolor Paint
  3. Carry tray to Sink
  4. One cup, fill 1/2 with water
  5. Two Brushes
  6. One Sponge
  7. One palette for mixing
I can set up my use water color paint
I can paint by dragging, not pushing the brush. 
I know my primary colors, YELLOW RED and BLUE
I can clean my brush before changing colors
I can put my painting on the drying rack before changing colors
I can clean my area  



Clean-Up
  1. Put art on the drying Rack. Under the green star!
  2. Carry tray to the sink and set it on the counter. 
  3. Dump water cup, and put in the cup tray
  4. Rinse and squeeze out your sponge.
  5. Set your palette in the bottom of the sink and clean the cups with a paintbrush.
  6. Finally, Rinse and clean your brushes. Make sure they are bristle side up!

No comments:

Post a Comment