Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The Collage Studio

What is a collage?
A collage is made by cutting up, arranging, and gluing down materials such as paper, string, fabric, and newspaper. 

Nancy Standlee

"Coller is a French word, that means to glue something together, so it makes sense that a collage is when you glue materials to a flat surface.

Romare Beardon

Marina Molares


Henri Matisse
Jaeda Jene

In collage you can use many different materials to make something new!

interesting papers, torn or cut
newspapers/ any text
magazine pictures
sheet music
yarn
stickers/stamps
buttons
fabric





This week we will practice using materials in our collage studio. We will show that we can use and care for glue bottles, and use different types of scissors, punches and texture tools.

Demo Collage Video:

1st Grade
I can cut out GEOMETRIC shapes
I can safely use scissors.
I can arrange and change my collage.
I can open and close a glue bottle
I can use glue with control.
I know texture can describe how something feels.
I can arrange and change my collage.
I can sort my scraps by color.
I can clean up my workspace.


No comments:

Post a Comment